Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Countdown to Big Bend--Day 31

I've missed a few days of blogging but Big Bend has not been far from my mind. My foot is almost completely well and this is encouraging. I have put on a few pounds since my walking time has slowed down, but I think I'm back on track to be at hiking weight by December 10.

The leaves in Tulsa are beautiful right now. Since we've rolled back to standard time, I get to walk at first light. I loved seeing the sunrise this morning, clouds reflecting a pinkish glow. The maples in Mapleridge are almost at peak and this is very enjoyable.

In the evenings, it is sundown as I walk back home. Again, the colors from a different angle provide a beautiful backdrop for the walk. Five miles a day is the goal, and I've accomplished this for the month of November.

No comments: